Wells Fargo Championship Golf Tournament in New Hanover County
New Hanover County hosted the Wells Fargo Championship at Eagle Point Golf Club the week of May 1-7, bringing thousands of visitors to our community.
In preparation for this large event, New Hanover County employees worked for more than a year to provide the necessary public safety support for the Wells Fargo Championship. They established a Unified Incident Command staffed with experts from the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, New Hanover County Fire Rescue, New Hanover County Emergency Management/911, and New Hanover Regional EMS to provide public safety services to the community. This coordinated effort ensured that spectators, volunteers, golfers, workers, and area residents were safe, healthy, and secure during the tournament.
We are grateful for their dedication to our community during the Wells Fargo Championship, and their public service every day in our county. And we appreciate the entire community for wholeheartedly embracing the Wells Fargo Championship and this opportunity to showcase New Hanover County!
View a list below of the community partners who also helped to make this event a success.
The following partners were involved in the Public Safety General Operations & Emergency Action Plan:
- New Hanover County Government departments & agencies: Sheriff’s Office, Fire Rescue, Emergency Management/911, Planning and Land Use, Building Safety, Environmental Health, Property Management, Information Technology, Parks and Gardens, Strategy and Budget, and Communications & Outreach
- Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office
- Cape Fear Public Utility Authority
- City of Wilmington Transportation
- Champions for Education
- New Hanover Regional EMS
- National Weather Service in Wilmington
- NC Department of Transportation
- NC Marine Patrol
- NC State Highway Patrol
- NC Wildlife
- Pender County Sheriff’s Office
- Professional Golfers Association (PGA) Tour
- US Coast Guard
- Wilmington Police Department
The following community partners and organizations helped to make the Wells Fargo Championship a success:
- All New Hanover County residents and businesses
- Anchor Baptist Church
- Beautification Committee Members
- Cape Fear Community College
- City of Wilmington
- Local non-profits and volunteers
- Lowes Home Improvement – Porters Neck
- Members and staff of Eagle Point Golf Club
- New Hanover County Schools
- Plantation Village
- Porters Neck community & area residents
- Scotts Hill Baptist Church
- Wilmington Business Development
- Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Wilmington Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Wilmington Downtown, Inc.
- Wilmington International Airport & Air Wilmington