New Hanover County’s Non-County Agency Funding is on a two-year cycle. FY17-18 is the second year of the two-year cycle. The new policy will take effect beginning FY 2018-2019. Check back in early October 2017 to apply for funding for FY 2018-2019.
On September 5, 2017, County Commissioners adopted a new Non-County Agency Funding Policy to ensure transparency, accountability, consistency, and adherence to best practices. This policy also establishes eligibility criteria for outside agencies and the required public process for consideration and allocation of funding by the Board of County Commissioners.
Two information sessions on the new policy will be held at 230 Government Center Drive in the Human Resources Training Room B.
Monday, October 23 – 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 31 – 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Both sessions will cover the same information. Staff will explain the new policy, selection process, and timeline, and will allow time for questions at the end of each session.
New Hanover County accepts applications for funding of local nonprofit organizations as part of its annual budget process. The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners invites all interested nonprofit organizations to submit an application for funding as it relates to one of the focus areas of New Hanover County’s adopted Strategic Plan.
- Superior Public Health & Public Safety
- Reduce and prevent crime
- Increase the safety and security of the community
- Reduce health risks and diseases
- Superior Education & Workforce
- Prepare all students to be successful in a 21st century world
- Improve community literacy and workforce readiness skills
- Enhance the self-sufficiency of individuals and families
- Intelligent Growth & Economic Development
- Promote a strong, diverse economy and high quality job growth
- Create and support a vibrant and culturally diverse community that encourages private investment
- Support a planned environment that enhances community & preserves and protects our natural resources