NOTE: This has been updated as of Wednesday, August 10, 2022, to include two additional openings.
To provide opportunities for citizens to participate in county government, the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested citizens to apply for appointment to the following:
- Cape Fear Museum Advisory Board
- New Hanover County Adult Home Community Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Board of Mechanical Examiners
- Categories: Class I Journeyman Mechanic, Class II Journeyman Mechanic, Class III Journeyman Mechanic
- New Hanover County/City of Wilmington Community Relations Advisory Committee
- Categories: At-Large, Education Community
- New Hanover County Commission on African-American History, Heritage, and Culture
- Categories: Faith Community
- New Hanover County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Categories: At-Large, Under Age 21
- New Hanover County Nursing Home Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority
- Categories: Bed and Breakfast Owner/Manager, Kure Beach Hotel Owner/Manager
- Parks Conservancy of New Hanover County, Inc. Board of Directors
Applicants must reside in New Hanover County.
Applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners Office, located at the New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 175, by calling 798-7149, or on the county’s boards & committees web page at Commissioners.NHCgov.com. Applications are needed by September 2, 2022, for consideration by the Board at the September 19, 2022 meeting.
Clerk to the Board