First Tuesday in November
The first Tuesday in November, election day, is only a month away. If you’re already registered to vote in New Hanover County, keep November 4 in your foresight. You have the opportunity to weigh in on important matters affecting the place you call home.
A few things to consider between now and election day – Tuesday, November 4:
- If you’re not already registered to vote, the last day to register as a voter is Friday, October 10. You can register by visiting the New Hanover County Elections Office at 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 38, Wilmington, NC, or download the voter registration form at www.nhcvote.com and mail it to the election’s office.
- If you’re out of town and can’t vote in person on election day or during the early voting period, you can request of the election’s office an absentee ballot, and you have until Tuesday, October 28 by 5 p.m. to make that request.
- If you’re want to avoid the rush of the crowd on election day, you can take advantage of 5 early voting sites throughout the county beginning Thursday, October 23 and continuing through Saturday, November 1.
- An early voting site can be found at the New Hanover County Government Center from October 23 through November 1.
- Four additional voting sites can be found at the Carolina Beach Town Hall, the Main Library in downtown Wilmington, the Northeast Library near Landfall, and the Senior Resource Center off Shipyard Blvd – these sites are only open October 27 through November 1.
- Check out www.nhcvote.com for voting hours.
Beyond voting, you can also serve in a valuable role during the early voting period and on election day itself. The Board of Elections is in need of volunteers to work the polls to help guide the elections process. If you’re interested in helping, please contact Marvin McFadyen, elections director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 election – a time that will change your life.