New Hanover County’s Non-County Agency Funding is on a two-year cycle. FY17-18 is the second year of the two-year cycle. Check back in early October 2017 to apply for funding for FY18-19.
New Hanover County accepts applications for funding of local nonprofit organizations as part of its annual budget process. The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners invites all interested nonprofit organizations to submit an application for funding as it relates to one of the focus areas of New Hanover County’s adopted Strategic Plan.
- Superior Public Health & Public Safety
- Reduce and prevent crime
- Increase the safety and security of the community
- Reduce health risks and diseases
- Superior Education & Workforce
- Prepare all students to be successful in a 21st century world
- Improve community literacy and workforce readiness skills
- Enhance the self-sufficiency of individuals and families
- Intelligent Growth & Economic Development
- Promote a strong, diverse economy and high quality job growth
- Create and support a vibrant and culturally diverse community that encourages private investment
- Support a planned environment that enhances community & preserves and protects our natural resources
Funding Period & Disbursement Procedures
Funding allocations are determined once every two years and are approved by the Board of County Commissioners. The funding period is 07/01/2016 to 06/30/2017.
- The First Year (2016)
- An email is sent to the awarded organization letting them know of the amount awarded.
- A contract is sent to the awarded organization for signatures and sent back to the County.
- Upon receipt of the signed contract New Hanover County will disburse one-half of the awarded amount to the organization, unless otherwise identified in the contract.
- Once the County has received the organization’s audit or financial statements that have been reviewed by an external/third party accountant, with enough detail to show that the funds received for the intended purpose, the balance of the amount will be disbursed.
- The Second Year (2017)
- The second fiscal year, upon the appropriation of Non-County Agency Funding and the County’s budget being adopted by the commissioners, an email will be sent out letting the non-county agencies know the status of the funding.
- One-half of the amount will be disbursed once the County has received the non-county agency’s Program Statistics.
- Program Statistics
Must include program measures for year 1
Must include goals and objectives for year 2
NOTE: There will be a place on the website where these can be submitted.
- Program Statistics
- The balance will be disbursed once the County has received the organization’s audit or financial statements that have been reviewed by an external/third party accountant, with enough detail to show that the funds received were expended for the intended purpose.
Please note that all organizations must sign up for direct deposit, as all funds are disbursed directly into the bank account of the organization.
Please note that emails will be sent out one week in advance of these dates to all non-county agencies that have applied for funding.
|November 20, 2015||Application Process Begins|
|January 5, 2016||DEADLINE-All completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m|
|April 28, 2016||Recommended FY16-17 Budget is presented to the Board of County Commissioners (informally)
FY16-17 Recommended Budget Information to Departments and Non-County Agencies
|May 2, 2016||County Manager presents FY16-17 Recommended Budget at Board of County Commissioners Meeting|
|June 6, 2016||Public Hearing on FY16-17 Recommended Budget|
|June 20, 2016||Adopt FY16-17 Budget|
|July 8, 2016||Contracts to non-County agencies start to be mailed out|