Strategy & Budget
The FY17-18 Recommended Budget and FY18-22 Capital Improvement Plan were presented to the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners at the May 1, 2017 meeting. The presentation can be viewed here, and the Recommended Budget can be viewed here or by clicking on the budget book below. In addition, the board’s consensus changes as of May 10, 2017 to the recommended budget can be viewed here.
A presentation of the county’s historical funding and growth to New Hanover County Schools can be seen here or by clicking on the graph below.
Services provided by the New Hanover County Budget Department include:
- Preparing a forecast of available revenues and anticipated expenditures;
- Maintaining a balanced budget through the budget amendment process;
- Obtaining input from departments concerning allocation levels;
- Analyzing costs and revenue sources;
- Generating a recommended and approved operating budget document;
- Producing a capital improvements program;
- Acting as consultant to advise departments on the financial conditions of their respective departments as well as assisting and providing analytical support for special projects and budgetary requests as needed;
- Reviewing board agenda items with resources implications;
- Monitoring policy and management controls; and
- Making recommendations for improvement of control, and the attainment of county goals and objectives.